Wednesday, 7 March 2007

Family - the simple life...

I was sitting here in my sewing room looking at my inspire board and realising the beautiful old images of my family are what keep me going every day. There is a quote
The family is one of nature's
masterpieces......

I was blessed to grow up on a 72 acre farm in fertile soil of northern NSW's, Australia.. Life was very simple, wonderful animals to play with, a family that cared about the important things and each day there were loads of hugs... You don't realise how important that really is till you become a parent yourself and all the nurturing starts to pay off... The simple joy of smiling and saying hello to a stranger still is so important to me today even though the world in some ways makes us affraid to be open and joyous about every moment... I am so very blessed to work at home in my little part of the world... To love my friends and family and really just be me... I thank you so much for letting me share that with you... A little deep and meaningful today... but I feel so happy to share a world with such beautiful and creative people....


1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh Cathy, I know exactly how you feel...feeling grateful to just be able to be yourself. It is important to have those deep and meaningful days along with the ones that are full of the ironing! What a kindred spirit you are to me!
Thanks for sharing, sweet friend.