Monday, 27 August 2007

I wish I could turn my mind OFF

Dearest friends
Well the last couple of weeks my mind feels like it is on fast forward... The thoughts of renovating again and the thought of my dream of having a big open plan kitchen and lounge room fills my head... Now I am starting to get Christmas orders from wonderful shops and I think wow this year is just flying on by... My hubby has been away for the last week so we really haven't had a chance to sit and ponder over whether we will go ahead with this dream or be content with what we have... Had a wonderful weekend of mowing, weeding, shopping with the kids and then Kirstie had 3 friends over Saturday night which ended in a very fun popcorn fight, I really didn't want them to go home I laughed so much.... I think every day with my kids I realise how fast it is all going and I must say I think with every day I enjoy them a little bit more... Being a mum is the most blessed thing I will ever do......

7 comments:

Sadie Olive said...

It really is a lovely place, and with your knack for decorating, I'm sure it will be amazing. I know how an idea can take you over when it excites you... and I can hear your excitment from your last few posts. I say go for it! The money and time it takes will work itself out I'm sure.

Katie said...

I know exactly how you feel when you want to turn your mind OFF! I get to where I can't sleep at night because I'm so excited. I like to do new things & wish I were there with you to bounce ideas off of. Sounds like so much fun.
Oh happy thought! It gets MORE fun as they get older?! I thought I was having fun, now! Thank you for sharing sweetheart.

johanna said...

I must say ...i love your house!!!!Its just take your breath away..
Thanks for the inspiation.

Sea Angels said...

Hi Cathy,
why not put things on hold? look how happy you are now, and how much time you have for both your hobby/craft and your lovley family, your house is beautiful, the time you have with your children passes quickly so why not just enjoy this special space, just as you are doing....be a bit selfish the new house can wait...........lynn xx

PAT said...

Hello Cathy,
Whatever you decide, it will be fabulous!

I loved the description of your weekend. Time with our children is a fleeting thing and so precious!

Pat

cammyk said...

Hi Cathy,
Thanks so much for visiting me. You have such a lovely blog and I look forward to returning when I have a bit more time.
Cammy

Catherine said...

This is my first visit to your site, Loving everything, I can tell we have a lot in common, I love everything in the picture of your kitchen,and I am a Catherine Louise...When I was little I detested my name, made everyone call me cathy because I thought Catherine was so old fashioned, now that I'm older, and LOVE old fashioned things,:) I Like the name Catherine, still not crazy about Louise though..& still get teased about it...but, glad we have that in common, Your name just popped out at me on a site where I was leaving a comment...so had to come check you out...& glad I did, you have a wonderful blog! Are you a Catherine too..?
Have a great evening!
Catherine Louise,..:)
Just Catherine to everyone else!