Tuesday, 8 June 2010

200th Post (SMILE)

Well my friends I was just doing a post for my shoppe blog and noticed I was sitting on 199 posts for my home blog....I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I thought I would share with you the saying I have above my work bench at the shop...It really does say it all for me....and I do realise I was one of the lucky ones.... I had a bit of a cynical customer in the shop the other day asking me lots and lots of WHY questions and basically in the end I said to him....I am a dreamer and I still believe in the world and that it is a beautiful place and really we are all blessed to wake each morning to whatever the new day has in store for us and I think if you treat people well life will give you what you need and that smiles are so, so easy to put on your face they don't cost you anything...Like today for instance, it is a beautiful sunny winters day... The sun was warm and energising as I put 3 loads of washing on the line...I got to take my beautiful kids to school and get kisses as they got out of the car...I came home and emailed my business partner and dearest friend.....and then played with photos for my blog....Simple but joyous !!!!!!!! Well my one in a million mother instilled that in me and I thank her for that each day and I am hopeful that I have instilled a little of that in my children... Thank you all for being out there and making me smile.... May happiness, joy and simplicity to detail fill your hearts today and always .......

19 comments:

A-M said...

Oh Cathy you are so blessed to have had a Mother like that. What a wonderful job she did, instilling such an appreciation of life and values into you! We only get one chance to enjoy all our blessings... so pleased that it is sunny up your way today! ... and always really! A-M xx

Alison said...

Cathy a beautiful post.
You have said it all.
Mothers can be such a wonderful influence on our lives
Alison

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Cathy
Congratulations on your 200th post... I for one feel very blessed that you are here in blogland.. encouraging us all to dream... and thank your mum for passing that gift to you!!!

Dream big Cathy and thanks for all you do for us!! xxx Julie

Shaz said...

You make me smile too Cathy, thank you

WendyW said...

Oh Cathy, that's just so beautiful ... congratulations on your 200th post! Thanks for reminding us how blessed we are and for seeing and finding beauty in everything around us and for the freedom to DREAM !!!

Shannon Fricke said...

Gorgeous post Cathy. Thanks so much.

vicki archer said...

Such a lovely post Cathy and your words so true. Congratulations on the big 200....xv

paige said...

you do have such a beautiful heart & you are one of the most amazing mum's i know
i love saying mum to you!
enjoy your day sweet friend
&heres to 200 more!

Mermaid Queen said...

What a beautiful heart you have Cathy, and I love that quote. My own sweet mother just died 2 weeks ago, and the thought of her watching over me is so comforting. She was a person who always looked for the good, and never put others down like your own mother. Your shop is dreamy, and you are a great reminder to be thankful. Take care, Martha

vosges paris said...

Well said!
Congratulations on your 200th post ;)
desiree

Helen said...

I, like you Cathy, had a wonderful Mother. I do wish there were a lot more people like you in this world.
I hope that cynical customer of yours went away with a smile on his face. If not, I'm sure you gave him something to think about.
Helen

Petit Coterie said...

Cathy, That was such a beautiful post. Your mother taught you well. Life is to enjoy and to feel blessed with each new day. Nothing is better than the love you receive from others, especially your children. I feel blessed to have you as a dear friend. Happy 200th post.
xxx, Michelle

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Cathy...Congratulations on your 200th Post...well done!!! What a lovely saying you show us, and how Blessed you are to have had a Mother that instilled that in you...Wishing many joyous days dear Cathy♥x

Eleanor Kay said...

hello! congratulations on your 200th post. i have only done 16 posts but i hope to come a long way from where i am today. my latest post i did on your shop! i hope you can get to read it, it's such a lovely shop and if i could i would live there but i can't and the closest thing to it is reading about it in your blog!i love that saying it is one of my favourites.

Alexandra xx

Home No.1 said...

Hello beutiful blog, just wanted to let you know tht.....Annica.

Jane said...

Good on you Cathy for speaking your truth. i'm a dreamer too! have a sunny day. Jane

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Cathy, no matter when I come here, you are filled with JOY! I love that about you, sweetie. So glad that life is good over there.

FrenchGardenHouse is having a Belgian Linen GIVEAWAY, please join us!~Lidy

Velvet and Linen said...

Thank you for sharing the story behind the wonderful name of your blog.
Congratulations on your 200th post. I look forward to the the 200!

xo
Brooke

dlara81 said...

Hi there,
I was browsing around and came across your blog today and was pretty inspired by certain things you wrote. Perhaps it's because I share the same simplistic ideals, or long for the meaning in life beyond the hustle and bustle of every day's material components. If we'd just slow down and smell the roses, we'd realize this world truly can be a wonderful place...and we should never take for granted those angels on earth that accompany us each day (such as my mother); they are our guides and helpers, and must to be treasured:)