Monday, 25 July 2011

my mentor....my inspiration... my friend...

In 2006, I was extremely lucky to meet someone (via email) that changed my life!!!! I saw this amazing shop in an issue of American Romantic Homes magazine and I felt compelled to email the owner to tell her how beautiful it was..... She emailed me back and we started to chat about our lives and loves.... She was contributing writer, photographer and stylist and asked me whether I would create some of my charms for a valentine's article she was doing... I only had a few short days but I was so excited and the images above were in the 2007 February edition of Romantic Homes magazine....Elizabeth believed in me and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have such an amazing opportunity... More importantly I had met a lovely and truly remarkable woman who had touched my heart ....Since then we have kept in contact and we have shared our up and downs....I am extremely excited because I may get the opportunity to meet her in the new year and it will be a dream come true..... Please drop by her blog adventures of elizabeth and be inspired !!!!!!!!!!!!!
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

8 comments:

simply objekts said...

beautiful quote.
have a wonderful day
♥hanlie

1 Funky Woman said...

I so love that quote! How wonderful for you, what an honor! I believe we meet people at certain times in our lives when we least expect it. The inspiration and friendship you have gained with this one is surely a blessing!

Megan

BRANDON WOLINE said...

How exciting for you! I so hope you get to meet her. I've met her three times, and each time was like the first. I don't know the words to describe how wonderful Elizabeth is....she's amazing!!! You'll love her.
Brandon
PS I Love your charms!

Burlap Luxe said...

I adore Elizabeth I was featured in Romantic Homes magazine Oct, 2010 I have met beautiful women through our sweet world of flea marketing our blogs!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment on the way out!!
xoxo
Dore

letters from the country said...

I love this story Cathy. You are living your dream and touching peoples lives xox

Elizabeth Maxson - Creative Entrepreneur said...

Cathy!

What a sweet and flattering tribute....I can't wait to meet you as well! I still remember the call you made to me and your accent! I remember opening up your box of charms and falling in love and thinking as I was photographing them, I was thinking, "Oh, I do hope the editors choose at least one of these photos!" And how happy I was that your charms were chosen in the feature. They made the feature so extra special and I believe that was my first really full-length feature. You have been in my heart ever since. And now - very possibly, next March, you will be in my arms with a big hug!
Thank you girlfriend for all the emails over the years and listening to my woes and sharing with me all the joys as well.

Big hug and lots of love
Elizabeth :-)

Elizabeth Maxson - Creative Entrepreneur said...

Oh, and to your adorable readers, how sweet of them to comment ...Brandon is a doll, I have a photo of him on my blog. I remember him the first time he came to my store and I hope I get to meet Dore, The Adorable, someday too! All your readers are "charming" (pun intended)!

:-))

Love
Elizabeth

Mélanie A. said...

What a fantastic adventure . Your creations are beautiful